View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 12:19 PM   #1
guaps
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11
Ideas for simpler Gameplanning

Madden's new tag line is Simpler, Quicker and Deeper, and to emphasize this Madden introduced GameFlow and GamePlanning with Madden 11. While I see potential in the system, I don't use it for mainly two reasons. First, GamePlanning takes too long to do for each individual game and second, you can't make changes on the fly.

My idea for GamePlanning is quite simple and would probably not require too much effort from the developers, but could vastly improve the use of the feature.

Imagine that you haven't chosen a pre-made custom Gameplan for a game, then you are presented with a simple GamePlanning box during the pre-game cutscenes (and your choices can be edited anytime during the game).

From that box you must choose on offense:

Run-pass ratio: [anywhere from 70-30 to 30-70 in 5 point intervals, say, 55% run plays, 45% pass plays]
Base receiver set: [2, 3 or 4 receiver set]
Run tendency: [Inside Runs, Outside Runs or Mixed]
Play calling style: [Conservative, Aggressive]

On defense:

Run-pass ratio: [anywhere from 70-30 to 30-70 as above]
Coverage: [Man, Zone or Mixed]
Blitz tendency: [1, 2 or 3 extra blitzers]
Play calling style: [Conservative, Aggressive]

Based on your choices the AI should predominately select plays from the entire playbook that fit your defined style. If you use GameFlow then the AI knows what types of plays to call and if you use conventional play calling, then you should be able to use My Gameplan based on your choices.

Also if would mean that you can easily adjust your gameplay if you and the opponent get any crucial injuries.

Last edited by guaps; 10-01-2010 at 12:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove