View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 04:06 PM   #760
Karle
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v4 (Opening Day Only)

Dear Knight and RUN AND SHOOT,

First Knight I am glad to hear that you plan to work on an opening day set for MLB11. This is the set I always use.

Yes, there were times this year where the process seemed to break down for a while. The problem is that it is a linear process meaning only one person can edit the file at a time regardless of how many people are collaborating on the project. Also, we all have lives and family and work matters need to come first. Yet the roster was completed despite the tremendous amount of work involved.

I am hoping that player potential will be editable in MLB11. That will at least save some time in hunting for A and B fictitious players and transfering them to get the right mix. It will also make it possible to adjust the mix (less As and Bs and more Cs just as it should be - a bell shaped curve rather than an equal mix of each.

What we can all do to help the process move more quickly is to put together as much information as possible on the appropriate minor league and major league players in advance and provide it to Knight and company so there is less leg work that they need to do before creating the players in the roster. I am already putting together such information for the Detroit franchise and started using Bahnzo's roster tools for the minor league and major league players once their seasons were over. (I mean after their last games - Detroit's season was over some time before that) I also am trying to include, when possible, photos of the players without caps or batting helmets as I think that is more useful in creating the faces. If others can do the same for the other 29 franchises that will take us a long way forward in next years opening day roster project.

Thank everyone again for all their hard work this year.

Karle