View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 01:34 PM   #4
WdnUlik2no
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Incorrect playoff seeding in dynasty mode....STILL

Hi Rocket, I remember you from another board,

and yep you are correct, once again EA REFUSES to fix this. Every year I rent Madden just to see if they fixed it, and every year its STILL broken. As you already probably know, its been wrong since Madden 2003. I didn't get 2004 or 2005, but it was STILL wrong in 2006, and every subsequent year thereafter.

I put this in the bug list for this year, but I highly doubt they'll fix it. After all its been 9 years and they did nothing; so why would they change it now?

What makes this so bad is that with the 2006 version of Madden that situation you have described happened in REAL life, and when I simmed the 2005 - 2006 season in Madden 2006 with the same result in real life up until the divisional round of the playoffs.

Here are the regular season AFC stands for the playoff teams for the 2005 - 2006 NFL season:

Colts (14 - 2 - 0) (AFC South winner) #1 seed
Broncos (13 - 3 - 0) (AFC West winner) #2 seed
Jaguars (12 - 4 - 0) (Wild card #1) #5 seed (didn't win division so they are automatically a wild card team)
Bengals (11 - 5 - 0) (AFC North winner) #3 seed
Steelers (11 - 5 - 0) (Wild card #2) #6 seed (didn't win division so they are automatically a wild card team)
Patriots (10 - 6 - 0) (AFC East winner) #4 seed

In the wild card round in real life:
the #4 Patriots beat the #5 Jaguars and
the #6 Steelers beat the #3 Bengals,

so in the divisional round:
the #4 Patriots played the #2 Broncos and
the #6 Steelers played the #1 Colts,

But when I simmed the entire season and wild card round in the playoffs in Madden; it had the Colts playing the Patriots and the Steelers playing the Broncos, which was obviously WRONG.

You would think after this, EA would have realized something was wrong with their playoff logic, but nope, they didn't touch it and today its the same broken code that's been in the game since Madden '03.

Finally, Here are a couple of my multiple post describing the bug in detail, the first even with screenshots (from Madden 2010). I have screen shots for this years version as well, but I didn't bother to post them again, it doesn't seem to make a difference anyway.

Post #1

Simply Google: "Madden playoff bug" and click the first link that says "Madden Playoff bug explained..": or just click the google search link below and follow the first link.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...=&oq=&gs_rfai=

Post #2
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2041474638 (See Post #130)

Last edited by WdnUlik2no; 10-11-2010 at 02:03 PM.