View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 03:28 AM   #14
Dirty Turtles
MVP

Dirty Turtles's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Rebuilding the Browns

The Browns aren't too difficult to rebuild, especially with Madden's terrible trade logic.

I traded Steinbach and my 4th to the 49ers for Iupati, Davis and Bowman. Traded a 2nd round to Pittsburgh for Pouncey and their third and fifth round picks. Moved Mack to LG and had a young talented line to open up big time holes for my RBs. I also traded my 1st rounder to the Bengals for Gresham, Davis and Shipley. I traded a 6th for Colt Brennan and Washington's 7th rounder.

Offense looks like this:
QB Colt Brennan
HB Jerome Harrison/James Davis
FB Peyton Hillis
WR Joshua Cribbs
WR Mohammad Massaquoi
WR Jordan Shipley
TE Jermaine Gresham
LT Joe Thomas
LG Alex Mack/Andy Levitre
C Marurkice Pouncey
RG Mike Iupati
RT Anthony Davis/Andre Smith

On the defensive side of the ball I moved Rogers to the Bills for Posluszny, Maybin and 3rd rounder. I used the 3rd rounder to get Odrick from the Dolphins to go along with a 5th and 6th as well. Traded the Patriots 3rd rounder to the Chiefs and got Hali. I did some other swapping and ended up getting Matthews from the Packers (I believe Jackson was in the deal).

Defense looks like this:
DE Tamba Hali
DT Jared Odrick
DE Aaron Maybin
OLB Clay Matthews
MLB Paul Posluszny
MLB Navaro Bowman
OLB Chris Gocong
CB Eric Wright
CB Joe Haden
SS Abram Elam
FS TJ Ward

I signed a bunch of my players to the best contract possible before they got expensive after progression. I don't plan on getting any studs in the upcoming draft, but really I'm looking for depth and a new punter/kicker. We'll see what free agency brings, as I have a TON of money available to me. I think I might trade away Joe Thomas in a year or so, when Davis/Smith are progressed some and get a nice haul out of it to get more depth places.

Oh and yes, I'm well aware that my defensive front sans Matthews/Gocong is Penn State. haha