Old 10-19-2010, 08:31 AM   #124
RGiles36
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Fantastic Presentation, if only it was Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc12576
I was going to start a new thread about this but I will just post it here instead. Any community guys that go back to EA for Madden 12, please ask the Madden devs what sports games they play besides Madden. I dont see how ANYONE that actually plays a variety of sports games can create and play Madden year after year and be proud. To create a great product, creators should always sample other products. Im really starting to think Madden devs are in a creative bubble and just feeding off inhouse ideas.

If Madden 12 is "staus quo" after everyone has had a chance to sample NBA 2k11 and The Show, I dont know what to say.
Like Roadman alluded to, they are aware of and do play other games. Ian has played NBA 2K11 as a matter of fact.

That's why I contend that broadcast presentation is not Madden's philosophy or intention at this point. We as fans know what's capable having played 2K5, APF2K8 (presentation is good on the low), and other sports games. I think Madden has an identity of being a gameplay driven game...Tiburon doesn't seem to want to go away from that.

Now if presentation is indeed a priority with the Tiburon staff, then that's troubling to hear. I for one am of the belief that great presentation is NOT hard to implement. At least not hard in comparison to some of the other things in a sports game. I think it's just a matter of nailing down details and lots of 'em.