View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 12:42 AM   #3
jHorns
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: High School Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by saints551
with all the high school team builder teams out there you would think someone would have done this
hey i dont think that its so much your slider set that will determine if it plays more like a high school game as much as just the skill level of your players. just get a good slider set and go from there. u can try mine out, i personally like them.
http://www.operationsports.com/vBull...1-sliders.html

as far as your players go i think that u have to be honest and realistic about it and dont make everyone 99 in everything who can beat any college team. if u look at the game in dynasty mode, a highly rated recruit which is a 5* recruit is usually around high 70s to low 80s overall, with the best in the nation being about mid 80s. also keep in mind that their overall is after they have progressed from their senior year in high school to their freshman year in college. for example they might have been 78 overall compared to players in ncaa 11 their senior year, and then their freshman year in college they might progress to an 80 overall. also younger players tend to be quiet a bit lower in the intangible attributes that take time to develop, especially awareness which is usually around 30 to 45 for freshmen. other things that are generally lower would be throwing accuracy, catching, tackling, kicking accuracy, and just any attribute that is considered an intangible attribute which generally takes younger players time to get down along with the fundamentals of the game. i wouldnt make anyone over 85 overall and thats only if they are truely one of the best in the nation at his position. i had an idea of making the top 12 teams in the nation as of right now using this philosophy. some sites will tell u what caliber of player they are, such as 3*, 4*, 5*, etc. also their height and weights are generally quiet a bit lower then college players who have been beefing up for years to get more of a pro type weight for their position. for example in high school its not unlikely even for top rated teams to have guys that are 5'5 150 pounds at receiver. doesnt mean their not good, im sure theyre blazing fast at that size. but just something to think about when u try to make a high school team.

Last edited by jHorns; 10-22-2010 at 12:57 AM.