View Single Post
Old 10-23-2010, 01:02 PM   #1
RedsManRick
Rookie

OVR: 2
Pass Defense Animations

Is it just me or are the animations given to CBs and Safties utterly useless? I can't count how many times I've had a CB running step for step under a crossing WR. As the pass comes in, the CB slows down and makes the chin up catch animation in an attempt to catch the ball. Meanwhile, the WR continues to run, the pass sails over the CBs head, the WR catches the ball in stride and has nothing but grass ahead of him.

Or maybe we can talk about the deep ball throw where my CB or safety is in good position on a streak. The ball comes in either high, short, or both. The WR turns around and adjusts to the ball. The defender goes in to a slide catch animation, falling backwards away from the WR - you know, just in case the WR disappears and the pass makes it all the way to the ground.

It's really pathetic. There's basically absolutely no incentive for trying to control a defensive player in coverage. The seemingly random animations make it nearly impossible to do anything. So instead I'm up on the line, slamming away at buttons that used to be swim moves and the like, but now don't do anything. So frustrating.
Advertisements - Register to remove