View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 12:21 PM   #30
Sonic98
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Do I even have to bring Michael Vick up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nails144
Let's not get crazy, guys... Yes, Vick had a great game last week. For his career, before he was suspended, he was never a good passing quarterback.

Should his runnign stats be good? Absolutely, he's arguably the best running QB of all time. So his spd (I would contend its 89-91 these days, very fast, but not as fast as he was when he was younger), agi, accel, ellu, should all be tops of the list for QB's.

His passer ratings do not need any upgrading... 1 game does not a career make. This is a guy who has never thrown for 3,000 yards in a season... He's never thrown more than 20 TD's. Even if you add his career PYpg(136.9) and RYpg(46.5) together, he isn't AVERAGING 200 yards per game. His career completion percentage is 54... I mean, John Kitna is a better QB in terms of creating total yards and TD's... (211.6 PYpg, 59.8 comp%, and several years of 20+ TD's)

The point is, people like Vick as a QB for what COULD be, not for what IS. Yeah, in a given game he can rip you up, but he is not an upper echelon NFL quartback. In his BEST season, his total YPG average was 219.5.... Good for just 10th in the league among QB's. His 20 passing TD's were good enough for another 10th place finish... He scored just 2 rushing TD's despite his phenomenal running season.

Guys, that was his BEST year and he was only the 10th best quarterback in the league. If he put those numbers up last year, he would have finished 19th in total yards per game and been tied for 18th in passing td's. his completion percentage has been and would still be among the worst in the league.

This man is NOT an elite QB, he is justa very talented one. His overall rating should be no better than a 78-81 with great running stats and below league average passing accuracy stats.
I don't think you can really look at the fact that his 10th place finish one year would be 19 now. A lot of players would fall in that category if you compare a season to a previous season or their current season to other players. That doesn't mean they're any less skilled. I don't think Vick should be 90 overall, but I'm sure out of the 3 accuracy ratings he should be high in 1 of the 3, and his power should be high. I'm not sure if that would do that much for his overall, but he should be ranked higher than a lot of QBs in the league if he plays like he did in ATL or before his injury.