Old 10-27-2010, 04:13 AM   #10
jWILL253
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: NCAA Football Wishlist Tournament at TheGamingTailgate

My ideas for improvements:

1. Physics-based tackling. After NHL 11, Tiburon has no excuse

2. Dynamic running animations. The running animation is highly improved over last year, but there are 2 problems:

A. The player still looks like he's gliding. In other words, foot planting has to be better, so that it doesn't actually look like an animation, but the player looks like his feet are actually hitting the ground when her runs.

B. All the players have the same stride, for the most part. Quick players need to look like they're actually light on their feet, and run gracefully; the strides need to be longer on bigger players, when they sprint; and bigger RB's should take choppier steps to keep their power under them.

3. Physics-based OL-DL interaction. They animation system, as it stands, is so "black or white", meaning that the DE/NT/DT is either stonewalled. or he makes some fancy move past the blocker (if the OLineman blocks AT ALL). The blocking should be physics-based, so that stronger defensive lines can actually DRIVE offensive linemen backwards, and stronger offensive lines can drive DL's forward/to the side. Plus, the OL can drive DE's upfield on passing plays, and there would be true holding penalties.

4. Real-Time Presentation. I would LOVE to see some 2K Sports-esque presentation. Meaning there are HUNDREDS of animations for any given situation. For instance, in APF 2K8, the QB would actually run across the field to talk to his coach on the sideline, without any transition to a cut scene. And, the commentary is MAD old. Needs to be refreshed.

5. Custom playbooks/Create-A-Play. 'Nuff said.

6. Team/Player Tendency/Signature Ratings. The thing that makes NBA 2K11 and FIFA 11 so good, is the ratings that they use to set players apart. As it stands right now, the ratings only tell how GOOD a player is at certain skills, but it says nothing about the decision-making, or the tendencies. That's why weaker QB's can still complete passes in the high 60%-low 70% range. We should have ratings that show what moves players like to use, how often they'll use them, etc. Plus, for teams, we should see how often they call pass plays vs. run plays, the offensive tempo, how much playclock the offense uses, how often a team blitzes, how often they sub per position, offensive/defensive style, etc.

6. PLEASE improve RTG mode. I actually wanna play full 15 min. qtrs with one player, and the mode should have more to it.

7. Add a realistic player clock. 25 seconds is too short. It should be 40 like Madden, and we should have acc. clock thresholds.

Sorry for the long post, lol...