Old 10-27-2010, 04:13 PM   #372
wwharton
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Sunday Night Football: Vikings @ Packers

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicubsfan20
I think Childress is an idiot at head coaching. At one point (I think it was the last interception Favre threw) the Vikings were running up the field with Peterson and we couldn't stop him. And then out of no where Childress goes to the pass? The run was working just fine, and if I remember correctly they weren't in a desperate pass situation.

I rate Childress up there with McCarthy as some of the worst play callers.
History shows that Childress is an idiot, but (and I know this is piling on) with Favre under center, you have no idea who to really put the blame on. We all know Favre changes plays so would you be shocked if he changed some runs to passes? I think Thomas Jones hinted at that happening when he was on the Jets.

Last year, Favre seemed to go along early in the season... and he was more successful playing within the system. Now, he's comfortable doing whatever he wants, which Childress just publically complained about. All signs point to Childress making the statements to cover his ***, and to me that says "I didn't call this game bc the QB changed the plays".