Old 10-28-2010, 03:21 PM   #57
SpHSpH
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: FIFA Soccer 11 Dev Team Update, Actively Working on Fixes

Again ... from the EA UK forums ...

=====
Hi everyone,

First of all, we’d like to thank you all for your continued patience while we work on the latter stages of the FIFA 11 XBOX 360 and PS3 patch release. We’d like to update you about that, as well as share some information regarding an upcoming update for the FIFA 11 Ultimate Team downloadable mode.

- After months of hard work, the FUT 11 console dev team are happy to bring you the latest iteration of the mode earlier than ever and, for the first time, free of charge! Part of the process for getting the game into your consoles will be a downloadable game update for XBOX 360 users on November 1st, this prepares the game to receive the FUT DLC that will be made available on November 3rd. And PS3 users will be prompted to download an update that contains FUT on 3 November itself (although in some regions it may be available November 2nd). It’s important to note that in both cases the update you download will NOT address any FIFA 11 console issues, it only contains the FUT 11 game mode. Our certification submission with Microsoft and Sony for FUT started prior to FIFA 11’s launch and is a completely separate thing.

- While we don’t have the official date for the FIFA 11 console patch just yet, we can assure you it is coming soon; we’re looking at a mid-November time frame. This update will have many of the fixes you have all asked for. As it happens, we were able to get the patch submitted to Microsoft and Sony just after the FUT 11 update was approved, helping us to streamline that process and avoid any conflict between FUT 11 and FIFA 11 console.

Any questions, let us know!
=====

The main thing that stands out to me ... "we’re looking at a mid-November time frame" ... really? For a game that I purchased in early-October? More than one month of "non-usability"? Will I be receiving a rebate of $5 (1/12 of $60)?

Why does Ultimate Team have a place in the queue ahead of the FIFA11 patch? Fix the basic game first ... then worry about your money-grubbing add-ons ...

Last edited by SpHSpH; 10-28-2010 at 03:35 PM.