View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 05:09 PM   #19
St. Chaos
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 11 Title Update #4 Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by debauchlord
Hate to speak truth, but there is no such thing as a "monopoly" in the entertainment world. Is it a monopoly that Tolkein's heirs own the rights to Lord of the Rings? Is it a monopoly that Warner Brothers owns the rights to Harry Potter? That Sony owns the rights to Spider Man? These things are what they are; money deals on IP, highest bidder wins. Can we move on already?
Well I'd hate to tell you that you don't speak the truth, but there is a such thing as a monopoly in the entertainment world, and if moving on were the concern then nothing needed to be said...

Look up the definition of monopoly... I'd be willing to bet what EA has done with Madden corresponds to SEVERAL of them, probably most, if not all.

Let me start you off with mine, and you can google the rest to finish disproving yourself.

A monopoly entails that there is a single owner and/or seller of a good, service, or product.

The product in this case is an NFL video game, to which EA is the only seller, and sole owner of the ability to produce said game, therefore making it a monopoly.