View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 06:36 PM   #65
tomenol
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: The Official "I Just Played An Awesome Game" Thread

It's the 7th year of my Penn State dynasty. It's week 3 and I am ranked #3. I just handed a 42-13 beating to Boise State the week before to head into #11 Texas hoping for a huge win to move up in the ranks. Game starts out quite as I expected: My Sophomore QB connects on a 67 yard TD to last season's Heisman winner and this year's front runner WR Jason Dorsey to go up by 7. The following possession, Texas QB drops back and gets hit hard - FUMBLE!! - my freshman DT, making his first start, picks up the ball and returns it for 6. Up 13-0 early in the first quarter - looking good. But WAIT - booth reviews the fumble; ruled to be an incomplete pass (and commentary is "the knee was clearly down before the ball got lose"). From that point it basically went down hill. My QB fumbles on three consecutive possessions and at half time Texas leads 7-34 and looks absolutely unstoppable on offense.

The second half began as the first ended: First play of the half, Texas' ball on their own 20, their HB breaks three tackles on a 80 yrd TD run to extend the lead to 7-41. Game over I thought, but luckily my offense finally got their act together and started to put up some points. It's going back and forth - one score after the other. My QB totaled 573 passing yards and 7 TDs, while J.Dorsey caught 4 TDs and gained 422 yrds receiving. However, all this was not enough as the game ended 48-65 after a failed 4th down conversion with 1:30 remaining. Now it was all kneels before the whistle blew.

This definately was one of the most frustrating and at the same time entertaining games so far! My national title hopes are already down the toilet after two games, but at least the dynasty keeps being intersting...
Advertisements - Register to remove