View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 02:32 AM   #1
eraserx13
Rookie

OVR: 3
What are some of your "favorite" interpretations of the NFL that happen in Madden?

For starters, I'll name a few of my "favorite" aspects that supposedly happen in football according to EA/Madden but do not in reality. I find these amusing year after year.

1. Only my Left Defensive End is capable of getting sacks. Right Defensive Ends regardless of rating are not allowed to sack the QB.

2. There are no Offside Penalties (The setting is at 100 for me and have yet to see one in 5-6 games)

3. Offensive Lineman are incapable of Pancakes (even though they happen frequently in simmed games)

4. Every player is in the league until their mid to late 30's. The NFL which has been often cited to stand for "Not For Long" due to the 3-4 year average career span does not apply.

5. Having said that, players reach their prime in their mid to late 20's and end up staying there. Players never lose a step and do not regress. After several years, almost every starting player in the league is considered "elite". As an example, there are 8 HBs with a 90+ OVR in the default roster set. In my franchise at year 6 and after using NCAA imported players, there are over 20 90+ OVR HBs. This oversupply of talent is evident at every position. In my franchise, "elite" and "special" players is the average.

6. Wide receivers are capable of moving beyond the speed of light. This only occurs to inaccuratly thrown balls by the QB. Cornerbacks all have eyes in the back of their heads and can bat balls down in midair without ever looking.

7. The defense will send 8 guys on an all-out blitz and get burned. As an adjustment, the defense will respond by sending 8 guys only to have the same result and get burned. As an adjustment to THAT, the defense will respond by sending you guessed it...8 guys on an all-out blitz.

8. Ever defender has a right to the ball no matter what as their are no passing interference calls.

What are some of your "favorite" interpretations of football as determined by Madden that happen in the game but not in reality?
Advertisements - Register to remove