View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 01:42 PM   #18
GAV
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Is Madden dying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_HATE_THAT_DUDE
@GAV: I don't know who you are or what you do for a living but dude if you made a football game "I'D ####'N buy it". You are saying the same stuff I have been yelling when i play this madden or past years madden...On run plays as you mentioned before i get a Guard or Tackle to pull on a sweep and the guy has a complete Line on a safety or Corner and he either whiffs on the guy or the DB takes him out and takes me down in the process...Look like most guys I would love to see some visual stuff in the game to make it look nice lol--And that's where 2k11 comparisons started for me just seeing what 2ksports had/has been doing even with they're NFL series TV styl Presentation...Now back to madden, as you were addressing with the new button layout for tackling: I love it and think it would help things drastically and give you more control of a play on the defensive side of the ball. EA claims to have the offensive blocking fixed but it really isn't, sometimes your offensive linemen miss blocks or don't block the right guy or most cases get beat by a smaller player which should never happen and doesn't in the real life game that EA is trying to mimic. EA should devote more time into the game ( more than they do now). They are getting better but are still suffering in the little areas that could make a "HUGE" difference. The button layout isn't that big as far as adjustment goes..hell i find myself sometimes pushing the X button repeatedly during a tackle and moving my left stick during a tackle to get the ball carrier down hoping it would have an effect on the play. Bottom line man that if you could put up the money, have a decent presentation and the License I'd buy the game..sometimes the little things go along way..have you given any thought on how you would address Ball carrier controls?? Just curious but I'm digging the Defensive button settings you are recommending.
Thanks homie. I'm a competitive Madden player. I've had some time to view the game from afar because I hurt my hand and haven't been able to play for a while. My focus is usually on applicable strategy.

I think these changes are applicable and would make the game considerably better.

New tackling controls revisited...
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAV
Break Down Button - A
L Stick Left or Right - ride ballcarrier to a side
L Stick Down - fight ballcarrier back
L Stick Up - ride ballcarrier down
A Button again - wrap legs
Y Button - hold ballcarrier up (good for gang tackling)

If you miss a hitstick, you can still access the break down animations as long as the ballcarrier doesn't immediately create space between him and the defender.

Last edited by GAV; 11-02-2010 at 01:46 PM.