View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 11:41 AM   #16
iAM-IncReDiBLe-
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Pros and Cons of the "No Switch Rule" both on and offline.

With out the no switch rule this game is pathetically easy. We use the no switch rule which means when the ball is in the air (a pass) you can't switch from the guy you were controlling before the ball was passed. Once it's caught or intercepted you can switch. If you were controlling a DB or something before the pass was made an can make a play on the ball then go for it. In this years madden the attributed matter a lot. Don't look at a players overall. If you have a safety with 80 zone he will get beat a lot with you using the no switch rule. You need a better player. Those saying the cpu won't make plays on the ball have no idea. I have the Chiefs in my league, both my safetys have 85 plus man coverage an all my CBs have 88 plus man coverage so I play a ton of man. I strictly use the MLB an my pass defense is nasty. in 14 games Brandon Flowers has 24 deflections. The cpu makes tons of plays on the ball, once in awhile my guys will give up a pass play here an there because there awareness is low.

Since we have a gods view on the field you need to no switch to keep yourself honest. It's so easy to get user picks an swats because we can make unrealistic plays on the ball when we switch. I would average 5 ints a game if we didn't use the no switch. Using the no switch rule is the epitome of sim play imo. I am so good at user catching etc that it's just not fair. You can take a 56ovr 97 speed wr who can't catch an turn him into Randy Moss but with the no switch rule he actually plays to his rating an generally will drop a lot of passes an won't get open. Its harder to pad stats etc, the no switch rule is great an to play in the PSL you must abide by it.