View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 10:31 PM   #3
cowboyfan211
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Sliders for Human-human play

this is the question ive wondered all along..i only play against my friends so the cpu aspect of sliders is irrelevant to me. however,i disagree with you sydeburnz. ive played a ton of human-human games and they are HEAVILY affected by sliders, only the human side of sliders obviously. Ive been trying to find/make a great human-human slider set, but it is tough.. here are things ive figured so far:

1. Any skill level above varsity will result in there being no way to run play action effectively..ive played on heisman and aa forever and ive finally concluded that varsity is a must if your style of game includes play action.

2. the pass coverage slider affects both man and zone, and by default, man is too good and zone is not good enough..the only way i knowto counter this is by making the speed threshold 0 so routes can get separation, but still good corners make better jumps and plays on the ball.. heres where qb accuracy comes into play. On 0 (5 for aa and hesiman), the qb can wildly off and you have to find the correct way to position the stick for each route. in a way this is good because it makes you think about the route before you throw, more realism, however some throws are just ridiculously off. ON 5 (10 for heisman and aa) the qb does make some off throws but forthe most part is pretty dang good and pressure and a little off throws dont seem prevalent enough..tough decision.

3. the run blocking combo with run defense can never be set to balance power i and undercenter running games along with shotgun running plays. If set around 25-35, the undercenter game works well but the shotgun runs are way too hard. however at 45-50, the shotgun works ok but the undercenter runs are ridiculously well blocked and seven, eight yards a pop is common.

Lastly, i have decided that going into each db and lb playing editing and lowering their man coveerage could help the pass d, but how much do i lower it by? also, could lowering an o lines run footwork help in zone blocking? if anyone else has solutions, i would love to know.. however, sliders do effect human-human games, ive gone to practice mode by myself countless times with two controllers and just tested and tested and tested and sliders definitely play a role