View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 02:18 PM   #13
GGGswim
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: "Academic Prestige" Question

Total agreement with the BS call.
Acad. Prestige for my offline 6* 3-time nat'l champion Auburn (yeah, I know, I've gotta quit wimping out and move up to A-A) has fallen from B+ to C+ in 2 seasons. I was wondering if it had anything to do with pulling in JUCO recruits, or cutting upper class players that have been pushed to bottom of depth chart w/ better recruits.
As for 'winning' helps...well, how the hell do Notre Dame and Michigan STILL rate A+ in championship contender (let's all realize at this point that we're talking about NCAA '11 which should have factored into the game the recent 'successes' of those 2 programs) when within my 6 seasons of play Big Blue has hardly cracked the top-10 and ND...well, lets just say that in my custom scheduling heading into my current season (with an already A+ scedule) I considered switching out a trip to Tulane for a visit to So. Bend just so I could beat up on the Irish in their own stadium. They're 5-5 so far, but when I run up against a recruit that I'd like to 'compare' contender to ND, (and Mich.) they're still that same 'ole A+.