View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 09:31 AM   #22
slickdtc
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: 2010: A Sports Gaming Odyssey

Let me be straight: I'm not as nutty about my sports video games as I once was (circa early to mid 2000's). But make no mistake about it, I still am crazy for them. When I finally upgraded my console from original XBOX to PS3 in Jan. of 09, it was time to slowly but surely catch up on the "next gen" of sports gaming. Now my collection consists of 2 NHL titles (NHL 2k10, NHL 11), two football titles (Madden 10, APF 2k8), a soccer title (FIFA 10... first soccer title since FIFA '96 on Genesis and a GREAT purchase), and a baseball title (MLB 09).

So while all are not this year's titles, I can say I'm 100% satisfied with each. Well, except NHL 2k10 once I discovered the greatness of NHL 11. In fact, each one is so good I've vowed to not purchase another game in their respective sports for another 2-3 years. In that time, I can really get deep into my franchises and fully enjoy the gameplay all these games have to offer before it's time to retire them for what hopefully is a huge upgrade after a 2-3 year layoff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?