View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 11:24 AM   #209
Winnipeg59
Rookie

Winnipeg59's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Official Bugs/Glitches Discussion Thread

Just posted the following in the "official thread" for bugs, etc, but thought I would post here too, if anyone has a workaround or has encountered something similar???

Several times now at the end of a season, after going into off-season mode and entering STAFFING I have been told I need to hire a coach, when I have the coach for that position already hired. Some examples:
a) Have coach hired and listed in current staff BUT hire a new coach for that same position (either D-coord or O-coord, it was the first one) because the game will NOT let you advance without doing that of course. THEN have two coaches listed for the same position???
b) Have had a couple of post-seasons when same thing happens, told I need to hire a new O-coord, but have one already (in this case Russ Grimm, O-coord, if it matters).
- first time I fired him, then went to re-hire (I recall, on submit, that he had been then offered a HC job elsewhere, but I persisted and re-rigned him as O-coord, for a lot more money than prior to firing him).
c) Very similar (and just happened). Told I need an O-coord at the end of the year, but still have Russ!
- Fired him again and then re-hired for 2 years
d) The NEXT year after situation "c" above, I'm again told that I need a new O-coord! Ugh...guess I'll fire poor Russ yet again and maybe go with someone else. Sorry Russ!

I'm at year 2022 in the franchise (BEARS) and simming ALL the games now at this point, if that matters.

HC09 dynasty - Rebuilding the Raiders - "Russell Rulz"