View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 04:33 PM   #4
j_baker09
Rookie

j_baker09's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: I want to see stats matter more next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imalive1459
I'd love to see those sorts of ratings factor in to a player's overall rating at a position in a particular scheme. For example: A speedy undersized defensive end might be rated higher as an outside linebacker in a 3-4, or a pass rushing DT having a higher overall in a 4-3 defense compared to a 3-4(think Albert Haynesworth). EA could make a lot of ratings matter more by creating specific positions in offensive/defensive schemes rather than generic positions(Strongside and weakside lbs's for instance). Some players perform better in certain schemes. Just a thought.
This is a little off subject but i would love to see more positions on the depth chart like; X Y and Z receivers, H-backs, Strong and Weak side defensive ends, Mike Sam and Will Linebacker positions in a 4-3 scheme, then also a Jack linebacker position in 3-4 schemes, Field and Boundary Corners. I could go on but you get the point, But as pointed out above not all positions are the same. Every linebacker position requires a little bit different skill for each and it would be nice to see attributes on these certain players make a difference.