View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 01:03 AM   #11
St. Chaos
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: madden plays different on the new xbox

>_> Well I know enough about "gurus" to know telling them anything is largely irrelevant.

But anywho... if you expand your knowledge beyond TVs to more electronics (or at least console hardware) all the reasons why this is nothing more than a placebo or faulty hardware would become common sense.

The same system configured differently is, theoretically, no longer the same system. Due to the nature of consoles, that is a severe issue.

You can change components somewhat irrelevant to the performance/function of a console; cooling or component version (HDMI 1.2 Vs. HDMI 1.3 port, for example -> even that only applies due to the nature of this particular system) or expanding components (like Kinect) for example, but you cannot do the same to core components. This includes the CPU and GPU, the GPU being the method by which "better graphics" would be displayed. That's THE fact of the matter, regardless of anything else.

Also, being up to date on the latest tech doesn't mean you understand it. And considering whatever Gamestop employee you spoke with doesn't even understand the old tech behind one of the products he sells, I wouldn't recommend letting him make any important decisions in your tech-purchasing future, heh.

Believe as you will though.

On a side note, people buy Monster cables because of the name. If it were for the quality, they'd know they can find better for cheaper. Most people can't tell the difference between a nobody cable and a monster cable, and many of the few that can couldn't even give an educated guess as to why there is a difference. Most of those that understand both don't buy Monster. I use Monster cables as backups when I damage one of my good ones, even then they serve as only temporary replacements. I know not to buy them otherwise.

Last edited by St. Chaos; 11-11-2010 at 01:17 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove