View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 08:56 AM   #5
Gordy748
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: News Flash: Gameplay is SCRIPTED!!!

In all fairness, I have to agree with eraserx.

The game seems to want a close game, and if I'm down the game seems a little easier, when I'm up it plays a little harder. But one game in particular remind me of what eraserx s saying. I was 31-7 up against the Giants by half time, but in the second half I suddenly found wide open receivers dropping catch after catch after catch for sequences of 3 'n' outs. On the defense my D-line suddenly could not tackle their back for love nor money, even with all out blitzes coming. I ended up losing the game 38 - 34.

Then there is the scripted ridiculous impossible moves the players make, not just the cpu sometimes with my players. My back will get tackled by a linebacker that slides right like Tron would, or accelerates in mid air as he jumps over my O-line. In other times a WR will magically speed up to catch a ball, other times slow down to let the CB past and pick it. Last week I saw my own Tight End pull off a magical 2 yard spin and slide to catch a pass.

I don't have an issue with animation based play, but the animations need to be held within the boundaries of reality. Without this, we'll get the same old frustrated rants year in, year out.
Advertisements - Register to remove