View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 01:38 PM   #14
JayhawkerStL
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 11 Title Update and Tuner v2.0 Impressions (PS3 & 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
My human controlled players now feel like they are skating in slush... I can't get any speed up to get separation. I don't know...feels like EA is spinning in circles with all these updates, plugging one hole only to create another. The only thing I really noticed is how the game feels like it has slowed down...
Hoe freaking slow is it? I use some modified version of your sliders, but one of the things I liked about them was that slushy feeling from lack of acceleration. You have it set at zero.

I have not downloaded the patch yeat, but maybe it just needs to be bumped up if they addressed it.

I really liked your sliders because it felt so much more realistic, even though I had to gie me some boosts among some of the sliders because my skill can make the game really unfun. Right now, I complete in the neighborhood of 65-72% of my passes, and the CPU tends to be a bit better.

Most importantly, I loved the fatigue settings, as it really makes for a compelling game to keep lines fresh and force match-ups. But it all works toward a more sluggish game thant I would have ever considered before. It's taken three years, but I'm just about broken from needing that more arcade feel to the game.

Oh, I do like to play a fast arcade style from time to time. I wish NHL 11 had a Pond Hockey mode like NHL 2K6 or 2K7. I liked that so much more than EA's kind of lame XBLA version.

I'll be curious to see how the patch affects my slider settings.

Last edited by JayhawkerStL; 11-12-2010 at 01:41 PM.