Deuce2223
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: The Career of Bryan Dodge (NCAA11)

WEEK 7

(3-2) VS (2-1)

GAME PREVIEW

Both teams are coming into this game on a high note. WSU has won 2 straight including a win on the road over Pac-10 Rival Oregon State, well the Cal Bears are coming off a huge upset over #17 UCLA.

GAME RECAP

For the 3rd straight game the WSU "D" would dominate the first half holding Cal out of the endzone and off the scoreboard. The Cougar Offense would get a huge lift as TE C. Jackson catches a ball over the middle taking it 52 yds for the TD to put WSU on the board. RB D. Williams would add a 4 yd run in the 2nd Q and R. Parrish would hit his 10th FG in 11 tries to give WSU the 17-0 lead going into the locker room.

Cal would dominate the 3rd Quarter scoring twice including a 65 yd pass play from A. Bridgford to K. Allen as the Bears make it a game (17-14)

Cal would open the 4th scoring again as Bridgford hits T. Carter on a 7 yd slant to put the Bears up (21-17) But the lead would last long as WSU punches it in on the ground with R. Mayfield to make it (24-21) Cal would eat up 4 minutes on their drive which ended in a 30 yd FG to tie the game (24-24) with less then 2 minutes to play. However on the insuing kickoff, CB N. Washington would get a huge block down the left sideline then cut across field breaking a tackles as he goes 96 yds on the return for the huge TD. (31-24) (This was my 1st Kickoff return for a TD, Washington returned a punt for a TD last year for my 1st punt return for a TD)

Cal would have a chance to tie the game but on a 4th and 4 they would turn the ball over and out of timeouts had to watch WSU down the ball and hold on for the win.

FINAL SCORE WSU-31 CAL-24

KEY PLAYERS

QB C. Halliday-18/37 246 yds 1 TD
RB D. Williams-19 carries 60 yds (3.1 Avg) 1 TD
TE C. Jackson-4 rec 92 yds 1 TD
WR M. Wilson-4 rec 73 yds
KR N. Washington 96 yd TD return.

POST GAME COMMENTS BY COACH DODGE

WOW!! That's all I can say about how we ended this one. I figured we had a good chance for the win with the ball and Halliday playing well not turning it over, but never did I expect to see Washington go 96 yds for the score. I am really proud of our "D" tonight. We gave up 2 big plays which resulted in scoring drives, but other then that we were solid. I felt Williams ran hard even though he didn't break any big plays we stayed with the run and won the TOP battle.