View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 08:04 AM   #20
Gordy748
Rookie

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudedominick
For me the realism I search for isn't in playing full length games, but for the players and the reactions to represent the real sport. I want the players to play like real players on the ice or on the field. In hockey I would love to see more stick play to help add the next bit of realism. In football I would love to see the hand play and interaction between WRs and DBs. Just a couple of things that would add to the realism without taking away from the fun of the game IMO.
Ditto squared. While I don't mind never seeing the Seagals opening performance or sitting through the national anthem every game, I do mind when each and every introduction of NFL11 is a battle of the quarterbacks (which is a little weird as the QBs are never on the field at the same time). I also mind when I get no information about the capabilities of the team I'm playing and, ergo, advice on how to change my strategies.

I don't mind either if I can accelerate the clock play so a 3 hour game gets done in 45 minutes. But I do mind when the players (both mine and the AI's) pull off impossible moves to make plays (e.g. Tron-like sliding LBs, tacklers speeding up in mid-air to tackle RBs, WRs slowing down to let the CB pick, WRs speeding up or sliding left to catch a ball). I honestly don't mind playing NFL using animations but the way it plays, it's just BS.

That said, I'm playing NHL11 this year so EA managed to get another 60 bucks out of me. Hey ho.