View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 01:26 PM   #7
eraserx13
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Does anyone have any good offline.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogyman_33
Eraserx13...I was getting ready to finally start my franchise w/32 teams & am going to use your house rules if you don't mind w/a few exceptions. I think that if a player starts having problems w/the team (McNabb/Redskins going on this season); I may move McNabb to a team needing a QB & either signing or trading him for a young QB that fits Shannahan's style. I did that for Madden 10 in the first offseason which made the 2nd season feel new & refresed. Made me pay attention to how the teams did as well w/how I made their teams. Just seemed to give me that extra to allow Madden be new & fresh all the time w/all the "Issues" that everybody talks about.
Makes sense...especially considering we see it in real life NFL from time to time. The Denver trade to Chicago of Cutler comes to mind as well as McNaab. Admittedly, I have done this once in my franchise but have stuck to the houserules for compensation. As an example in my franchise, I traded a 34 year old Jay Cutler who was 89 OVR at the time to the Redskins (after McNaab retired or cut I think) for a late 2nd round pick. I then used my own first round pick to draft a QB who ended up rated 78 OVR with a A potential (got lucky). The guy who I ended up drafting from the 2nd round pick from the Cutler trade was a dude which in the end, is fine. At least it is somewhat realistic in away.

Good luck on your franchise!