Deuce2223
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: The Career of Bryan Dodge (NCAA11)

BATTLE FOR THE APPLE

#19 (7-3) VS (5-6)

GAME PREVIEW

In 2011, QB J. Tuell led the Cougars to a 4th Quarter rally to beat the Huskies in Pullman 21-17. In 2012 in a freak blizzard in Seattle that saw 4 ft of snow get dumped in 1 day, the Cougars once again pulled off the victory defeating the #6 (10-1) Huskies 31-21, to keep UW from a Pac-10 Championship and Rose bow bid.

Now it is the Dawgs looking to return the favor as the shoe is on the other foot, with WSU the Top-25 ranked team and the Dawgs just looking to get that 6th win so they can go to a Bowl.

GAME RECAP

It was a cold day in Pullman with the Weather in the 30's. The Cougars would strike early and often in the 1st half as RB D. Williams had a career day rushing for 112 yds in the 1st half and scoring 3 TD's including a 52 yarder!!!, as WSU took a 28-0 lead into the locker room.

The Huskie D would step up in the 3rd Quarter limiting the Coug's to just a 26 yd FG and Nick Montana would hit A. Williams on a 7 yd TD pass to get UW on the board (31-7)

Looking to continue his career day. RB Donte Williams scored his 4th TD from 10 yds out as he carried the ball 29 times for 204 yds (7.0 avg). (38-7) However a miscue on special teams put the Dawgs back on the scoreboard as D. Cooper returns the kickoff 99 yds for the score. (38-14) With both starting units on the bench for WSU, C. Winston would score from 1 yd out after T. McCoy took a J. Roland pass 42 yds down to the 1 yd line. (45-14) Washington however wasn't ready to give up and with 24 seconds to play N. Montana would hit R. Long on a 15 yd TD pass to make it (45-21) (The TD pass gave Montana the UW record)
The Huskies would go for the onside kick but WSU would recover. Things would heat up as the Huskie D jumps offsides trying to get to J. Roland as he looked to run out the clock. So on a 3rd and 4, Roland would sent RB R. Mayfield out wide. UW would not change their coverage and Mayfield was left wide open down the sideline as Roland hit the SO RB for a 34 yd score with 8 seconds to play... Boo's would insue from the Huskie faithfull. Only time will tell if this last play will just add more fuel to a already heated rivalary.
FINAL SCORE WSU-52 UW-21

KEY PLAYERS

QB C. Halliday-15/30 234 yds 1 TD
QB J. Roland-4/4 80 yds 1 TD
RB- D. Williams-29 carries 204 yds 4 TD
RB R. Mayfield-4 carries 10 yds, 1 rec 34 yds 1 TD
WR M. Wilson-8 rec 140 yds
WR T. McCoy-3 rec 50 yds 1 TD

QB N. Montana-25/40 301 yds 2 TD 1 INT
RB D. Cooper-14 carries 57 yds, 1-99 yd KO Return TD
WR R. Long-4 rec 106 yds 1 TD

POST GAME COMMENTS FROM COACH DODGE

I don't care what the University of Washington thinks about that last play. I told Roland if they put 9 or 10 guys in the box and thought they could try and get to him to know the ball out, to make the call and throw it. They did and he did, end of discussion.

As far as how the rest of the game went. I was excited to see Donte have a breakout game. His performance today was the kind of game we expected from him all year. He proved tonight the kind of player he really is. Had I realized the school record is 5 TD's in a game I would've put him in for Winston down on the 1yd line.

I was also very proud of how our "D" played in the 1st half, and overall. They have really progressed this season and are a huge reason why we are where we are.