Old 11-18-2010, 11:18 PM   #2
bakerpa25
Rookie

bakerpa25's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Eating my words on NBA JAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Davis
After getting over the first hour of fun bringing back some fond memories, I started to realize pretty fast the next hour or so that this isnt quite as good as I initially thought. There are things missing, key points that made the game fun and its kind of sad that its lost some of its flare in this version let me explain...

He's on FIRE!
undoubtebly one of the coolest things about jam is being on fire (its on the cover for crying out loud) This is to implicate that your player will virtually nail any shot from the opposite side of the court, old jam you would hit about on average 3 in a row almost garunteed, EA has stripped the fun off of this one of a kind feature, if youre on fire you will be lucky to drain 1 or 2. this isnt acceptable IMO. how can such a main feature be drained of its fun?

DUNK DUNK DUNK!
Yes the game is called nba JAM and yes dunking is the best part, BUT that seems to be the only consistent way of scoring, now dont get me wrong its supposed to be the core of your points especially from the Big guys. but the EA version seems to have basically made this a dunk or no dice game which is BS. You will almost never score on jump shots inside the key even if youre wide open, and are a great shooter. PATHETIC! 3pts have a little more give but not like the old days where u could bank on one of the skinny white guys to guide to the win if there D in the key was tight. that was old jam EA's feels more like lets see who gets the last dunk in the 4th, it kind of sours the game a bit. there has to be some strategy Arcade game or not. Dunking 24-7 gets old, Hopefully these so called "hot spots" come through, heres hoping.

Just my opinion, still a solid game and worth it for me but its not quite what it was unfortunately...

agree or disagree its your call
I just had an online game where everything u said happened haha! 20 3s 10 while on fire. (It wasnt me thou )Go online platy of this!