View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 10:35 AM   #5
Pun1sher
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: FN: Champion Blog #3 - Community Questions

I've got a bunch of questions so feel free to answer as few or as many as you see fit, I know you're gonna be swamped in a matter of minutes here, heh.

- In FNR4 I felt that the counters were almost the only way to stun someone. If the other fighter even had comparable toughness trying to put him out with just combinations proved very difficult, with the other guy taking a ridiculous amount of clean shots that would KO anyone in real life. Even if you landed a ton of them and were measured in your approach you were more likely to run out of stamina before hurting them than not. Would you say combos do more realistic damage this time?

-Are fighters hurt when they get up from a knockdown? In R4, you'd see a guy BARELY get up, wobbling to his feet, but when you get back to gameplay he's just as quick and sharp as ever, and you basically have to go about wearing him down all over again, unless it was late in the fight and you'd already taken all his health away.

-Since the cuts are so much worse(potentially) this time around, are they(potentially) more likely to stop the fight? I mean this mostly for the one player modes, I don't think I have ever stopped a CPU on cuts in my hundreds of fights against them.

-What determines the difficulty of getting up from a knockdown, and do progressive knockdowns ALWAYS mean it's harder each time? In R4 it annoyed me that I could NEVER get up more than 4 times, but I could indeed get up those 4 times, every time.

-Did you see many instances of punches visually barely connecting or not hitting at all but still doing full damage? That really annoyed me in R4.

-Are the CPU styles distinct? I hated that Tyson and Foreman would basically box with you like any other AI fighter.

-Knocking someone out of the ring. Possible?

-What can you say about the commentary? I think it was awesome last time and would be happy if they brought back Teddy especially.

-Is the soundtrack as kickass as last time?

-Do the knockdown animations make more sense, and is there still the knockdown replay in two player matches?

-David Haye is the only good HW out there right now, and I'm really excited to see how he plays. Could you elaborate on your time using him?

Thanks so much for taking the time to do this Phobia, and again, feel free to not answer all of these. I know. I'm obsessed.
Advertisements - Register to remove