View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 12:33 PM   #223
rawcorp
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Make Madden more arcade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
I'm usually a sim player, and this is not a joke...but Madden has lost that "fun" factor for me.

Since Madden is in an identity crisis, and trying to be all things to all people, they should just make it arcade. 11 on 11, full rosters, all of that...good presentation , stat overlays...but let's just switch the focus of the game...

I for one, think it would be a TON more fun, if they went this direction. Fast paced action, big hits on D. I mean ratings would still matter, etc...but instead of taking an arcade-ish original build and making it sim, wouldn't it be more fun if it were more true to its original design?
I agree with you. At this point just turn Madden into a blitz type game, and then start developing a "real" NFL game. I'm sick of EA selling "It's in the game" to me when it is clearly not. At least if they made Madden into an arcade game, it wouldnt be half-assed, and all the unbelievable crap and arcadish gameplay we see in it would be acceptable since its meant to be like that.