Old 11-21-2010, 01:36 PM   #2
Senator Palmer
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Sack story

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVM
Since my LT and LG are 99s in PBS, I was wondering why someone got through and sacked my QB. Now I realize that someone can get through the 99s, but I decided to check it out. I went to the Replay and what I saw wasn't pretty. My LT turned to the left, facing LG, and the opposing enemy rushed in and sacked my QB. So, my question is why did the LT turn away from the player in front of him moving forward? Well, the obvious reason would be he was having a conversation with the LG and the LG said something that offended him and he turned to face him. The other possibility is the CPU decided it was time for a sack. Another possibility could be the player coming toward the LT had such bad body order that he had to turn away.

Are you checking replays to see how you get sacked? You might find some interesting stories there.
The gameplay is not balanced when you are playing against the CPU. It hasn't been for some time, but I think it's the only way the developers can keep it somewhat competitive. They'll get gimmie sacks like that but damned if you will when you're on defense and not manually controlling a lineman.