Old 11-21-2010, 03:39 PM   #7
RaychelSnr
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
EA Reviving NFL Blitz?

It appears GiantBomb might have the scoop:

Quote:
"I got a phone call a few weeks ago from an industry insider! A tipster, if you will! The content of the call was brief and without much to go on, but the crux of the call was crystal clear. Electronic Arts is beginning work on a new NFL Blitz game. It sounds like the game is going to be developed at EA's Tiburon studio, which makes sense both because it's where EA makes its football games and it's also where one of the creators of the Blitz series, Mark Turmell, is currently serving as the Senior Creative Director.

Other details are scarce, which is unsurprising since the game is said to be very, very early in the development process, but I also heard that the game would be released on multiple consoles and that it probably wouldn't hit until 2012. I checked in with EA for an official confirmation of the project, but as I'm sure you're well aware, EA 'doesn't comment on rumors or speculation.'"

This is definitely loose information and I wouldn't be surprised if it is wrong -- but most likely it has a great chance to be right since EA has already done the same with NBA Jam. Who's excited about this if it's true?