View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 01:47 PM   #4
CreatineKasey
MVP

OVR: 55
Re: Does Madden's OL/DL interaction take into account DL gap alignment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
I feel like the basic idea of one gap vs. two gap styles can be duplicated by the user, and it would be nice to have to option to implement this for the CPU.

As the user, if you want to two gap with the Nose Tackle, you can engage with the center, then read the run and either swim left or swim right to choose which gap to control. So you almost allow the suction block for a second, read the play and react.

To one gap, you can just make a move quickly right off the line and attack the backfield. I don't like how the moves are predetermined however. Actually hate it. They also need to implement better speed and bull rushes for the DLine.

So the user can make these choices, but obviously the user can't control every player. Maybe have an option where the user can choose HOW his CPU teammates play and when they use DLine moves and such.
Good points. I wonder if the AI kind of applies a 1 gap or 2 gap scheme based on where they initially line up. If they line up head up on a guy... does it allow for 2 gap responsibility? If they line up in a gap, will they have a better chance of penetrating? Or.. do the animations play out the same irregardless?

To put in other words, if my NG is head up on the OC, is he more likely to control both A gaps than if he's shaded in another one? Does Madden take into account initial positioning to that level of detail? I may experiment on this later today.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A