View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010, 01:03 PM   #1
Dianwei32
Pro

OVR: 12
Quick Franchise WR Question

I recently did a Fantasy-drafted Franchise and ended up with Calvin Johnson and Dez Bryant as my top WRs, but in the 2012 draft I ended up with the 1st overall pick (traded some highly rated, older OL that I had young, high potential backups for a first rounder, the other team ended up 3-13). The projected #1 overall pick was Jon Baldwin, a 6'5", 231 lb WR out of Pittsburg. When I drafted my team, I ended up with a lot of young players, so I didn't have a glaring need. I drafted Baldwin and now I'm not sure what to do. I have 3 guys who could be legitimate #1 wideouts, and I'm not sure if I should just keep them all or try and deal one out for a good draft pick.

Rating...............Calvin Johnson..................Dez Bryant........................Jon Baldwin
Age.............................27................ .......................24......................... ...............22
Height........................6'5"....................................6'2"......................................6'5"
Weight......................236................... ..................221............................. .........231
Overall........................95................. ......................91.......................... ..............89
Speed..........................95................. ......................92.......................... ..............94
Strength.....................76................... ....................71............................ ............86
Catching.....................97................... ....................99............................ ............88
Route Running..........96............................... ........99........................................ 84
Catch in Traffic..........98............................... ........97........................................ 96
Spec Catch.................96.......................... .............96................................... .....93
Jumping......................99................... ....................97............................ ............88

The way I have it set up now, Megatron and Dez are split wide and Baldwin plays in the slot. If I were going to trade one of them away, it would probably be Bryant because he would result in the smallest cap hit and he doesn't have the size that Baldwin and Johnson have. Should I just hold on to all 3 and have 3 elite WRs who split receptions (I have a good QB and could own the league passing, but I have 2 good RBs in Felix Jones and LaGarrette Blount and I like to run the ball), or should I trade someone away for probably a 1st round pick?

Last edited by Dianwei32; 11-28-2010 at 01:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove