View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 02:15 AM   #4
Gotmadskillzson
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Slider Help Against QBs That Rush

Ok I think I got it, have to edit some more teams to make sure it works across the board. This is a very long process, you MUST edit the rosters.

For option and spread teams you must edit the whole Offensive line, QB, HB, FB, TE, WR's.

You must edit the following attributes for the Oline, HB, FB, TE, WR

1. Awareness - 80 or above
2. Run Block - 85 or above
3. Run Block footwork - 85 or above
4. Acceleration for the OLine only - 80 or above

The reason you have to do the WR's, TE's, HB, FB is because on option plays they all have to block in order for the cpu QB can get to the corner. Acceleration for the lineman is raised for they can get out and block. By default they are too slow and a DT would have run right passed them and blew up a read option play.

Run block footwork is important because it is gets the player in position for the block and allows them to quickly leave one block for another block down the field.

Awareness allows them to see who they need to block.

For the QB the following attributes:

1. Awareness - 80 or above
2. Agility -80s
3. Elusiveness - 80s
4. Ball Carrier Vision - 80s
5. Ball carry - high 70s
6. Jukemoves- 80s
7. Stiff Arm - 70s
8. Spin - 70s
9. Strength - 80s
10. Speed - no less then 80, for fast QB's high 80s
11. Acceleration - 90s

2 through 8 is important because it essentially gives the QB options on how they want to get pass a defender. I noticed they won't even use a move unless it is rated in the 70s and higher.

Strength may seem odd but it does serve a purpose. With high strength QBs are better able to stiff arm a rushing Dline out of the way who is trying to sack them. Also enable them to push the pile better too to fight for that last yard for a 1st yard. I literally seen Cam Newton stiff arm me when I was going to sack him with a DE. He just stuck his left arm out and pushed me to the side and scrambled away.

Speed is a no brainer. Not saying make everybody a Vick, but if they are a scrambler they deserve to be in the mid to high 80s. Balanced QB's at least 80 and pocket passers in the 70s.

Acceleration is KEY. You need the QB to reach their top speed as fast as possible in order for the cpu QB to run the option, read option or even scramble effectively.

Why I even altered the big bruising RB's and FB's in the game. I put all power runners strength, break tackle, trucking and stiff arm at 90. Really made a difference playing against a bruiser.

They would literally flatten you out if you tried to tackle them head on with a DB.

Also.......****n defense for Human I put at 5 and human tackle at 25. Anything higher then 5 for human run defense and you will blow up spread and option teams in the back field majority of the time.