View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 10:29 AM   #43
BezO
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Fixing Defense (or, a Lesson in the Principle of Less is More).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven Draconian
Certainly there could be fine tuning in the books, but are you telling me you can't run your offense from it? My biggest pet peave is that incredible amount of spread formations...that are really the same. It makes it tough to find the concepts I like. The same is true for the running game, it can be a little clunky to find what I want to run. I wouldn't mind a new interface to streamline what I want....
Depends what you mean by run my offense. Are we accounting for how many times I look for a run play in I-strong only to remember it's only in the normal I-formation, for example? And I feel the same as you about the spread formations.

Quote:
but I was really only referring to the actual plays, rather than the play calling system. The plays and concepts are outstanding.
The plays are fine. The organization of the playbooks are terrible. I think we agree accept that I include the organization aspect in my opinion of the playbooks.

Quote:
As for the QB/WR timing...I've been able to hit on rhythm the last couple versions. It's not as nice looking animation wise as 2k, but I've been able to throw the ball before the WR cuts for a long time.
I find it to be 50/50. Maybe being aware of the drop would help.