View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 12:11 PM   #8
TNT713
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Defensive End pass rushing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpider
When I try to use the right analog stick to generate push rushing moves from DE, lets say I got a DE to blow past the tackle with a spin move. In real life, DE like Freeney can do a spin and seamlessly keep running toward the QB. When I do it in madden 11, my DE would do a spin, get past the OL, then stop and lose all his acceleration and then start running again. That's a whole second I lose and usually means giving up a play. Does anyone know how to fix that?
Madden 11 has full analog control, which it didn't have last year. Where it is most noticed is when a defender needs to suddenly change direction. I can think of a few reasons this may occur, but the one that is probably most likely is the difference in the stick mechanics.

If you swing the analog stick through the middle of the range it actually tells your player to decelerate, stop, then start again. To maintain momentum, you should swing the stick around the edges of the range because it instructs your player to run while still changing direction.

I think you may be feinting your outside move, then swinging the stick thru the range as immediately after your spin. Try either making your spin and swinging the stick down along the edge of the range and toward the quarterback simultaneously, or start swinging the stick just before the spin so you are moving toward the quarterback as you come out of it.

Hope this helps...

Later