View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 07:37 PM   #20
shttymcgee
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Potential a real franchise killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Except, in real life, players don't get better by playing better. They get better, then play better.

In real life, a player doesn't have a good season, then next year get more skills. A player gets more skills then next season they produce more stats.

As far as average players producing excellent seasons - average players shouldn't be doing that. That's one thing I never will understand about Madden - how can a player with average skills produce all-pro seasons over and over? People complain how he doesn't get progression (and he shouldn't because playing well doesn't increase skill in real life), but my question is either: why is he average-rated by the game, or, why is he able to be an all-pro on average ratings?

If it's system, then he definitely shouldn't progress. He's not better, the system the team is using is exploiting him better. If it's just what average players do in the game - the game's ratings and their effect on the engine need work.
I'm gonna have to partially disagree with this statement. Success on the field is definitely related to the person's skills, however, achieving success/playing well improves a player's confidence. A confident player plays better, practices better, learns quicker and comes closer to reaching his overall potential. Confidence does impact a players performance, and this fact is one of the main reasons why young QB's are kept from playing, because GM's don't want to ruin the confidence of one of the most important player on the field.