View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 11:01 AM   #6
billsmetalbooze
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: CPU is defending my WRs with linebackers! can i change this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianlast
Try messing with the Coaching sliders. I've noticed the CPU does a much better job of matching the right personnel when you raise the Pass/Run slider to 90 or 100 and the Aggressive/Conservative slider to 10 or 0.

You said this happened at the end of a game? I've noticed the CPU calls horrible defenses in the two-minute drill. I still haven't experimented enough with these slider combos to see if it makes a difference in late game scenarios.

EDIT: And no, Gameplanning is not the solution. I've seen all kinds of nonsense called when using it.
thanks, dude.

"raise the Pass/Run slider to 90 or 100"

i'll try it but it seems a bit counterintuitive: if the slider is on the far end of RUN, doesn't that suggest the CPU will have more linebackers and fewer defensive backs in matchups with my WRs because linebackers are better run stoppers?

also, in the Coaches strategy, does changing the Importance of certain positions or messing with the sliders (Defensive ends, D tackles, Linebackers, Cornerbacks, etc.) make a difference to how the CPU matches up personnel?

logic would suggest that putting the Linebackers importance on 0 and d-backs on 100 would help with my problem.

i guess i could experiment but i'm not at home right now and just wondered if someone's already figured it out.

thanks again.