View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 05:24 PM   #2
thbends
Pro

thbends's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Franchise Players, What are some of your house rules?

I run the JFL. First thing I would tell you... 32 team leagues crash and burn for the most part. Quality players over quantity... ALWAYS. 20 good guys is better then 20 good guys and 12 losers. Here are our rules.

Here it is guys...

Play SIM
Show sportsmanship
Have FUN

Those are the main rules.

GENERAL CONDUCT OF A LEAGUE PARTICIPANT

* Each participant is expected to display conduct that of an exemplary standard. Good sportsmanship, honesty, respect and pride is demanded from all participants. JFL reserves the right to ban any participant from play based on any violation of the code of conduct, stated, or unstated.

WHAT TO DO IN CASE OF A RULE VOILATION

* It is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to report a rule violation when it happens
* PLEASE notify the president of any rule voilation, even if you think it's not a big deal.

GENERAL RULES

OFFENSE

Going on 4th Down: I encourage straight play in this dynasty, however, I do not want to limit players to the point where they cannot play aggressively. With that in mind, there will be a simple rule on 4th downs:

A) Whenever you are past the 50 yard line with 1 yard or less to go, you are permitted to go for it on 4th down.
B) If you are behind by two touchdowns or more in the second half, you can go for it whenever you like.
C) If you are the losing team in the 4th quarter you can go for it whenever you like.

MOTIONING: Motioning by backs and receivers is allowed. If the defenses audibles before your motion is complete you MUST wait for the defense to get reset before snapping the ball, when possible. Otherwise, you are free to snap the ball when the Motion man reaches their spot on the field and the motion is complete.

HURRY UP OFFENSE: All teams are allowed to run the "hurry up" offense in both two minute drill situations. Any team losing in the 4th quarter is permitted to hurry up as often as they like. When using the hurry up offense, please allow your opponent to set their defense before snapping the ball. Purposely trying to cause offsides penalties is obviously prohibited.

PLAYCLOCK RULE: We are all here to play football. Keep in mind we play don’t play real NFL length quarters. So please chooser your plays as quickly as possible on offense and make every effort to do so before the play clock gets close to running out. I do realize, however that certain situations in the game may require some extra time when choosing a play. You may run the game clock with under 3 minutes remaining in the 4th quarter. Or if your trying to prevent another possession before the half.

QB SCRAMBLING: Unrealistic QB Scrambling/Sprinting is frowned upon on pass plays, including screens. Constantly dancing from sideline to sideline, running straight backwards or well behind the line of scrimmage without being under pressure is not realistic. This does not include option plays, designed QB runs or broken/pressured play situations.

Running Up the Score: Good sportsmanship is a major part of any league, so running up the score on user opponents will not be tolerated. Please use good judgement when leading by a large margin.

DEFENSE

MOVING PLAYERS BEFORE THE SNAP: On defense, shifting linebackers and the defensive line is permitted. However, if you move an individual player before the snap you must control that player at the snap of the ball.

BLITZING: Any attempt to confuse the AI when blitzing is prohibited (spreading your Dline then shifting LBs to create AI holes). This also falls under the rules for mixing up playcalling.

SPECIAL TEAMS

FAKE PUNTS/FG's: Any fake punt or field goal must follow the same rule used when going for it on 4th down. If you are allowed to go for it on 4th down in that situation, you can also fake the punt of FG. Faking a FG or punt is part of the game and provides "the element of surprise" but please be realistic. These are utilized in NCAA but on a limited basis, so please keep that in mind.

ONSIDE KICKS: Onside kicks are permitted at any time by the losing team in the 4th quarter only.

DYNASTY GAMEPLAY

PAUSING: Madden allows a limited number of pauses during the game, so please keep that in mind. If it is ever necessary to pause the game, please provide a quick explanation to your opponent if your are not using a head set at that time. Pausing the game to show poor sportsmanship will not be tolerated. Please do not start a game if you know something will interfere with your playing time.

DISCONNECTS: Games will disconnect from time to time for various reasons. It will be up to the players involved to figure out a resolution; with the choices being to either replay the game from the beginning or simulate for an obvious winner. If you cannot reach a resolution, contact me. I expect all owner to have a reliable, high speed ISP. If you are having any type of Internet trouble, please do not start the game until the problem is resolved.

ADVANCING: I ask that you make every attempt necessary to get your games in on time, but when that is not possible please:
~~~Notify your opponent via email or forums as early in the week as possible.
~~~Notify myself that your opponent will need to play the CPU or that your CPU game will need to be simmed.
Communication is KEY here. If you can not play your game and your opponent needs to play the CPU this is what I will do.
• I will boot your team from the league so your opponent can play the CPU
• Then I will send you an invite to take your team over again for the next week.
Failure to follow these guidelines could cause you to be booted for good.

RESTARTS: If someone shows they restart against the CPU often then action will be taken.