Old 12-03-2010, 06:42 PM   #5
TNT713
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Essential Pass Game Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
Good post as usual. Keep 'em coming!

You gonna talk about timing up routes with QB drops?
QB drops are already timed up to routes and have been for years. I believe there are many players who simply aren't delivering the ball on time.

Having run a West Coast offense on Madden for a number of years, I can attest that many routes are timed to the QB drops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
#1) Pass trajectory

The ball does not travel in a realistic arc in Madden. It is either a straight-line pass with no lift or the infamous "moon ball" that travels into the Earth's stratosphere.

This is why there are so many "superman leaps" from the LB position to swat down balls headed 10 to 15 yards behind their zones.

#2) Route-based passing

Still not in Madden. Madden forces you to throw the ball in relation to where the WR is, not where the route is going.

This is why you cannot ever throw the ball in Madden before the WR makes the cut in his route.

In Madden, when you attempt to throw before the cut, the WR ignores his route and continues running in his current direction.
Gotta chime in on #2. This is a common misconception among gamers who aren't 12-month Madden players. Last year I did a video series that I feel proves that passes in Madden can be delivered to the proper location on a receivers route when the ball is thrown before a receiver cuts. Not only has this part of the passing system been around for years, it is the most basic part of the passing system as it can be done with one finger on the controller...

Of course, the ball must be delivered on time and synced with the route the receiver is running. Most routes (Slants, Hooks, Hitch, Posts, Deep Outs, Deep Ins, etc...) are synced up so that throws on the QB's 3rd, 5th, or 7th step are delivered similar to route based delivery.

Regarding #1: There are several variations in pass trajectory that rely on the way the user activates the receiver's icon button. In addition to the moon ball and the rocket, there are several touch passes in between.

I'd be happy to repost the vid from last year since these portions of passing have not changed.

Later
Advertisements - Register to remove