Old 12-03-2010, 11:02 PM   #12
Armor and Sword
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Swords Post Patch Pro 12Min Real FG/FT% Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkenshin0922
honestly armor, these sliders are great. i did use them before, but i didnt realize that you had it on real shooting % and thats what made the big difference. i played it with shooting % off and it was too easy that way. eversince i switched to shooting percentage on, the game became really nice and im loving it. i also posted on your other thread saying that it was too easy and that i needed to play on all star with team chemistry off to make it easier. but after trying these out again with real shooting % on, i have to say, these are the best sliders i've seen. i did make a few changes and i'll post it here. try them to see if you like it. a few things i felt that was off was the fact that on ball defense was too high. it really factors out the driving abilities of players such as D.Rose, Lebron, and other ones who can penetrate the basket almost at will. but now you are thinking it will be too easy to drive in now. that's where help defense kicks in. i raised it up to counter that. if you watch how these type of players play, you will see that they can drive in almost anytime at will, and the defense usually just helps to stop them. i also lowered dunk rating to 30 because i didnt like the fact that farmar did like a super dunk on a break away. i know he can dunk, but he aint flashy. probably the dunk package they gave him doesnt help either, but with this lowered, players tend to go for the simpler dunks now. i also lowered dunk tendency to 25. everytime i watch an nba game, i dont see that many dunks. probably 8 at the most in one game. i could be wrong though, but i honestly felt there was just too many dunking with ur settings. i know u said its part of the fun, i guess its just a matter of preference. as far as turnovers, i did find a way to make them accurate. but in result, you'll get a lot more steals than you should, so i'd rather be accurate on steals than TO's. its just either this or that, can't fix turnovers and offensive rebounding.

anyway here are the changes. feel free to try them and let me know what you think.

DEFENSE:
help defense strength 85

ATTRIBUTES:
stamina 45
dunking ability 30
on ball defense 50
fatigue rate 45

attack the basket 75 (i put it back to ur old settings. at 65, the cpu was passing out the ball too much during a lay up or dunk animation. even if the guy had the opening, he'll pass out. at 75, they hardly do).

attemp dunks 25

with these settings, a player types like d. rose, wade, lebron can penetrate at will, but the high help defense strength will try to stop them. this also creates more contact for and 1's. i just played a game against the twolves, and i love the fact that flynn would drive in and will succeed for the most part, but the help defense kicks in and he will either have to pass out, stop, or go for the and 1.
Thanks a bunch man.

I set Attack basket back to 75...I had been trying this out for the last 3 games...and i agree going back to 75 makes it much better for the cpu. I may fool around with some of your suggestions except the dunk thing...that is my personal preference...too much fun lol.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23