View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 11:23 AM   #20
billsmetalbooze
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: CPU is defending my WRs with linebackers! can i change this?

ok, i wasted many hours on my weekend testing gameplans to solve this problem (CPU LBs covering my speedy WRs and getting toasted all the time on pass plays).

i ran at test just to see if i could get Gameplanning to actually work since i read it was broken. i created a defensive playbook and only used a Quarter prevent play for every coverage package (nickel, dime, etc.).

it worked in many test games. the CPU always had 3 dlineman with a bunch of defensive backs playing way back. that was a good start.

then i tried to swap all the Quarter plays with a basic cover two with the appropriate number of linebackers and defensive backs for each situation. for a 3-WR package i obviously chose a nickel cover 2 with just 2 linebacks. for my dime defense, only 1 LB, obvoiusly, etc.

here's where it got all effed up. in game test the CPU WOULD NOT use the game plan. i would run a 4-WR set on first down and the Colts D (my test team) would come out with 3 linebackers. or i would run a trips set and the same thing.

this is unacceptable. i can't have the CPU playing an 80 speed linebacker covering Roscoe Parrish. it's just not realistic. i get WR separation way too easy and i can just throw a deep ball for 6 every time.

it takes all the fun out of the game.

Gameplanning is effed up supremely. yes, i got the tests to work with a Quarter D used all the time, but for some reasons when i chose realistic coverage packages to match defensive backs to WRs the CPU just ignores it.

i can't believe a basic game element like ensuring the CPU can match personnel realistically cannot be implemented.

every years there are more Madden features and gimmicks but they can't get a football basic working right.

i will experiment with Aggressiveness slider to see if that makes a difference, but i am not hopeful.

i'm pretty sure the CPU just chooses D packages based on down. it came out with 3 linebackers every first down i can remember. regardless of how many receivers i had out.

this is a gamebreaker for me. it cannot let me field more than 2 WRs at a time (at least on first downs and many times on others) or i have a clear mismatch that i eithe ingore (so what's the point?) or i take advantage of for a really cheesey completion.

can i play a franchise running only 2 WR/TE, FB/HB or 2 WR/2 TE/HB formations?

sure.

will it be realistic or fun?

no.

EA dropped the ball (again) on what is supposedly one of their great new features, Gameplanning, and even without GP, matching up D to offense should be a no brainer.

this is horrible. i will never buy Madden again till i am convinced football basics are implemented correctly.

i'm tired of marketing gimmicks and hype without solid football basics in place.