View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 07:42 PM   #482
Deuce2223
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: The Career of Bryan Dodge (NCAA11)

ESPN TONIGHT WITH RYNE DEZARON

Good Evening and Welcome to ESPN "The Ocho" College Football Kick Off. I am your host Ryne Dezaron and with me tonight is Head Coach Bryan Dodge of the Defending National Champions Washington State Cougars.

RD-Coach let me say first again congrats on winning the National Title and Coach of the Year. Those are 2 great honors that any coach in the nation would be lucky to do in his lifetime and you have already done it in just 5 seasons.

CD-Thanks Ryne. I must admit when I took the job at WSU after my 1st season with North Texas, I never could have imagined winning a Title in just 4 seasons. I am so excited to be a part of rebuilding WSU back to a National Power (Started out a 1* now up to a 5* )

RD-Coach Looking at your depth chart you guys have some huge shoes to fill especially on the Offensive side of the ball. Starting at QB with Justin Roland.
Roland's Career Stats-23/53 333 yds 2 TD 6 INT
CD-Yeah Justin is unproven but is a RS SR, so he has been in our system now for 4 years. I really think he has the ability to put up #'s capable of helping us when some games, but obviously we will have to become more balance and use our O-Line and Running game to control the clock.

RD-Speadking of Run Game. You lost All-American D. Williams who was by far your best player, but where blessed last season well he was out of action for 5 weeks to get to take a look at RS FR Ian Jefferson. Jefferson played well producing 400 yds and 8 TD's on 100 carries. Is he capable of being the every down back that Williams was?

CD-I think so Jefferson has good size at 5'10 200 lbs, but we also have a couple of other backs who will help share the load. Last year we redshirted JR Ryan Mayfield after we moved him to FB, and he is back this year ready to help us in whatever role we give him. He too knows how to find the endzone with 11 career TD's.

RD-You mentioned the O-Line. You have 3 returning starters, and 4 of your 5 starters are RS Seniors, so your line is very expierence. But that will leave you a big hole next year. Do you plan on hitting Recruiting hard in that particular area?

CD-Every year we recruit 0-Line you can never have enough. We have 5 Freshman as well so I feel we have good balance.

RD-Coach in the past 4 years you have always had a bigtime WR. 1st it was Jeff Kartsetter, then Isiah Barton and for the past 2 years Marquess Wilson. Who do you expect to step up and make the big plays this year?

CD-I think it has to be Tim McCoy. He is a big targert at 6'4 and has the most expierence.
SR T. McCoy Career #'s-80 Rec 1350 yds 8 TD's

RD-Coach you recruited 5 highly rated WR's this past year, yet only only 3 made the team (Cut 4* N. Fagan-65 Overall, and 4*-C. Patterson-65 Overall). You are redshirting 5'11 B. Wade and 6'0 W. Wall, but 6'3 J. Spence wills start the year as your #4 WR. Does Spencer have what it takes to be the next great WR and if so why not Redshirt him well you still have McCoy and Brooks?

CD-I promised Spencer PT his 1st Year. He is the highest rated of them all (70 Overall) and has great hands (79 Catch) so yeah I think he has the potential to be a Stud.

RD-Coach moving away form the Offense. Let's take a look at the "D". You got lucky when DE M. Owens (16.5 Sacks) decided to return to Pullman for his Junior year, but you have another very talented DE in SO B. Mills (7.5 Sacks). Why do you think Owens had such great success?

CD-Well obviously Owens was going against the RT and on most teams he is not a pure pass blocker, well Mills was going up against the best Left Tackles in the game, a posistion know for protecting the QB. Both are great though, but I really believe our DT and MLB R. Franklin are a key to them getting alot of pressure as well.

RD-Coach, is it true that RS SO OLB EJ Simms is the fatest player on the team?

CD-He is Ryne. We redshirted him last year hoping to work on his Overall skills, but this kid can flat fly (91 Speed 91 Acc).

RD-Coach you are very inexperienced at CB with only RS SR D. Miller seeing alot of PT. Your #2/3/4 are are RS FR/SO with little PT. Do you think you will struggle against the pass?

CD-Probably. Miller is great (81 Overall) and will shut down most #1 WR but the key to our Secondary will be SS L. Burton (74 Ovearll) He had 3 INT last year, and we need him to step up again.

RD-Coach you have 2 very talent Kickers in R. Parrish and C. Young, but both are Seniors. You orginally recruited C. Mason as a QB who had 82 Speed, why the move to Kicker?

CD-When we brought Mason in, we thought he would be a great running QB, but knew he didn't throw the ball well, when he told me could kick (Rated 74 Overall 78 KP, 75 KA), I knew we got a steal. We will redshirt him this year, and for the next 4 years, I expect him to handle both all aspects of the kicking game. Plus if we need to use him as a backup QB we can

RD-Well Coach we are out of time, thanks again for joining me and talking about the Cougs. Could luck with the upcoming year I think you are going to need it. You schedule is Brutal.

CD-Thanks Ryne. Yeah I am sure after facing #14 PSU, #5 Oregon and #1 OSU, I am going to rethink what we just did.