View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 08:04 PM   #1
tlc12576
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7
Emualtion VS Innovation

I think this comparison does a good job of dividing people associated with Madden, devs and gamers alike. You either want Madden to emulate things that have already been done successfully with the NFL and past NFL video games or you want Madden to innovate something new. I think the major problem with Madden right now, is that the devs are in the innovation camp. I don't know if that is by EA executive mandate or some amount of dev arrogance but I believe innovation is the focus.

I believe Madden should be emulating areas of the game before even attempting to innovate those same areas. For example "Beyond Broadcast", I don't understand why they think they can go beyond broadcast when they have not done broadcast right, IMO. Another example is Protak, a great idea but they should've got Madden's original tackle animations right before trying to add a new tackling system, IMO.

Im not against adding something new as long as it's in an area that has either been emulated successfully first or innovating an uncharted area like with Ultimate Team and OTP. I am by no means the smartest person in the world but it doesn't make sense to try and reinvent the wheel for your car when we already have some many good tires to choose from.

Im just curious to see how many OSers side with where I think the Madden devs are, with innovation being prioritized over emulation.
Advertisements - Register to remove