View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 12:40 AM   #8
debauchlord
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Emualtion VS Innovation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc12576
I understand that and I'm ok with marketing or whoever mandating new features like DLC, scouting coins, OTP, etc. However, I dont see how that applies to adding pro-tak before improving existing tackle animations/"bowling pin tackles", adding "beyond broadcast" before copying tv-style broadcast, adding a new pre-snap format before adding more pre-snap options, adding broken new pre-game/post game presentations before finishing the halftime show/Extra Point, adding a new run blocking system before improving OL/DL interaction animations, adding an incomplete online franchise before completing HC 09 transition to offline franchise, adding new dual stick runner controls before improving existing running animations/"ice skating", adding new ratings before tuning the impact of existing ratings, adding refs on the field before tuning penalty calls, adding a new kicking system before making weather affect kicks, adding a new lighting system before progressive lighting, adding a new commentator before improving commentary format/putting both in the recording booth together, adding Gameplan before playbook customization, adding trademark stadium music before music customization, adding.... I think you get my point, LOL.

All these are good additions but they "put the cart before the horse", IMO.
To be honest, if they made the game more visceral...(much) louder stadiums, added dirt, grit, blood, loud hits, better field sounds, more energy/suspense, better crowds (signs, uniqueness, noises)...I could literally not think about everything you posted because I'd be IN the game. When your excitement level dwindles, all these problems emerge to your attention.

I could talk for days about the off-field stuff, but the on-field stuff I feel just needs a good old fashioned dose of pep.