Old 12-09-2010, 04:32 PM   #18
Money99
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Fight Night Champion Roster and Features Announced, Including Online Gyms

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65South
No doubt! If Haseem Rahman (reportedly) said that for the only way for him to be in FNR4 was to be on the cover AND have the game named after him, I can only imagine what Mayweather is asking for.

I think it'd be a bit different if there was one governing body that EA had to pay to get rights to boxers, but I'm not positive that that's the case. Don't quote me, but I believe it is based on compensating the individual boxers. Don't get me wrong...it would be awesome to have Mayweather shipped with the game, but since that seems like a wild dream I'll just do like I did with FNR4 and download a well done CAB version from the share.
That's precisely how it works. Boxing doesn't have a players union like baseball, hockey or football. So instead of dealing with one governing body, they have to seek out each individual boxer and purchase their rights.

And maybe a moderator has to put a sticky thread up, but Floyd isn't in the game because he wanted the game named after him and wanted more money than all the other boxers combined!
According to some of the community members, EA reached out to the man personally but he wouldn't budge on his demands.

So if anyone has a problem with Floyd not being in the game contact Floyd Mayweather about it. It wasn't EA's decision to exclude him from the game.