Steeler99
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Threshhold ... general consensus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron2k7
Default of 50.

Trust me.

You'll see a lot of other ideas, even with some explanation.... but most are not truly understanding what they are doing.

Raising the threshold , in some peoples opinion, supposedly makes the Defense play better, and cuts down on big plays....... in reality, one of the main things that is happening, is they are making LB's faster than they should be, and putting less priority on proper play calling. Having LB's cover most WR's step for step is silly, and it really takes away the importance of calling the proper defensive formation / personnel .

Lowering the threshold just makes the game even more "arcade - like" . The discrepancy in speed with TE's with decent speed is just too great for many LB's and speedy WR's and HB's (especially on screens and flat passes) just plain dominate. Very unrealistic.

The middle is where it's at my man.

I've played a lot of games to test and validate this opinion, and I've also pulled out the old stop watch to further prove it.

Take care man.
Sounds like valid reasoning, and with that said ... what sliders are you playing with? I literally just picked up M11 tonight so I'm WAY behind the curve this year! Hoping to minimize testing so I can settle on a slider set and get a franchise going (only play offline). Thanks again for any help!