View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 05:31 PM   #33
H_Zilla
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Should Potential Fluctuate?

I believe they really need to look into having players ceilings hidden as they do but instead of having potential listed just have their original draft grades.

Have an overall draft grade and then break them down to specifics about the position. arm strength, deep ball acuracy etc for QB's and foot speed and acc for RB's. These should not be numbers but could be based on the old ABC format. Help you decide if the player style fits your team.

Also i'd love to see some kind of college highlights, not video but maybe what their best games were or season stats from last year or even a little blurb about each player just saying what they are like. It would help give an idea of their ceiling, something like saying "small framed DE with high end motor. Gets pushed around by bigger tackles but plays with a lot of heart". you know the guy isn't going to be an anchor on the line and wont be a complete DE so will likely have a low ceiling becuase of low strength and run stopping ability but could have an impact as a passrusher or outside in the 3-4 system.

Doing things like the above could help the devs decide which players in their drafts could be flame outs or the next Tom Brady

I'm just ranting becuase its a slow day at work